воскресенье, 24 апреля 2016 г.

A Reader Turns This Dark Bookshelf Into French Chic


This bookshelf was dark and we had it for years. While I loved the carved detail, I didn't think it could be seen enough the way it was before. I kept envisioning it with bright and light. No one else could picture it when I was explaining it to them. So I got out the sanding block and some paint!
Hubby was ready to sell it and let it go. I said I wanted to fix it up and give it a new life.
Voila! The finished project!
Sanded it, did several coats of white paint throughout the next few days. Then I found the cutest paper for the background in exactly the color I had envisioned! Score! I coated the entire thing with polycrylic a few days later to protect it. Then waited and applied another coat. This Iast step isn't necessary if you won't be using it heavily or laying things on the top of it.


This is the after. You can see how much lighter and brighter it is for a girl's room. Very shabby chic.


from old and drab to light and fab, painted furniture




It was an old living room bookshelf before.


from old and drab to light and fab, painted furniture






from old and drab to light and fab, painted furniture, Before




Added just a little bit of cuteness to it since it's for a teenager's room.


from old and drab to light and fab, painted furniture




Added color and painted the hardware black with rustoleum paint for the doors.


from old and drab to light and fab, painted furniture, Black hardware





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/10231122/from-old-and-drab-to-light-and-fab site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий