среда, 24 мая 2017 г.

Turn A Basic Lantern Into A Gorgeous Outdoor Fall Décor Accessory


I like to decorate the front porch for fall and each year like to add a new item. I am always on the lookout for inexpensive pieces that are either on sale or from the thrift store or dollar store. I like decorating but not when it gets way too pricey.


I was on the lookout for an outdoor black lantern for a couple of years. I finally found one at Home Depot on sale about a month ago. It was basic black and came with a flameless candle that could be set on a timer.


turn a basic lantern into a gorgeous outdoor fall d cor accessory, seasonal holiday decor




I was really happy with this purchase except for one thing. It looked pretty blah and basic when I placed it on the front porch. So I stopped by the dollar store to see if they had anything I could add to brighten it up and make it look more ‘fallish’ or should I say ‘autumny’?


turn a basic lantern into a gorgeous outdoor fall d cor accessory, seasonal holiday decor




I picked up two fall leaf and berry garlands for $1.00 each. I wrapped one around the candle inside the lantern. I inserted the second one through the loop on top and draped it over the top and down the sides.


turn a basic lantern into a gorgeous outdoor fall d cor accessory, seasonal holiday decor




This is how it looks on the front porch.


turn a basic lantern into a gorgeous outdoor fall d cor accessory, seasonal holiday decor




This is how it looks lit up at night. The candle is set on a timer. I set the timer to go on at 6:00 p.m. and go off at midnight. I have to admit I love how the red, yellow and orange leaves on the garland give the lantern a whole new look during the daylight and at night. It really is significantly more gorgeous.
This little project cost about $2.00 and about 2 minutes to complete! For more details I invite you to visit the blog Time With Thea!


turn a basic lantern into a gorgeous outdoor fall d cor accessory, seasonal holiday decor





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/10296192/turn-a-basic-lantern-into-a-gorgeous-outdoor-fall-d-cor-accessory site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий